View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 05:21 PM   #21
C10Coloradoguy

Cool Some success...

Well, some success. After pouring over schematics and different connectors, I found that I had the Park Lights wire connected to the turn signal side of the front marker/turn lights and this was grounding the wire out at the light(s). I reversed this and rewired so the side marker lights are on the brown Park Lights wire as they were wired to turn signal connections. I have read that I could throw a wire from the signal side of the front marker/turn to the side park lights and then they would be both "on" and signal. Although this is what I want, I am concerned it would just ground the Park Lights wire again. For now, I have wired the side markers to the brown wire so that they are Park Lights only, and reversed the wiring on the front marker/turn, then hooked the battery back up.

Tested the dome light which worked as expected. Pulled the switch to first position and the fuse held!!! The side markers came on and the headlights worked (they always have though). But my dash lights don't seem to want to light. Now, in testing other circuits, I turned the key to first position and tried the left turn signal. Nothing. Then I tried the right signal. Nothing...POP! Turn signal fuse blows. I have been through the switch and I believe it might actually be the original switch that was installed on the truck. It's kind of gummy on the inside and the straight springs like to pop out. I'm going to find a new turn signal switch and move forward and also research why my dash lights don't want to light.
C10Coloradoguy is offline   Reply With Quote