Thread: $hort Change
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
Westcoastpainter

$hort Change

ok, so heres some more updates. i pulled in the 70 chev to my shop at home, pulled the full front end off, then got the cab ready to lay it back so i could start on the floor underside. it has had some patches put in it, i wanted to final weld them up/grind them and ready it for seam sealer/raptor guard.. so the oem cab floor undercoating is a PAIN to remove. i know u guys have been there.. wow it sucked! heat lamp, razor scraper, thinners, we got there. oh and beer to ease the pain! heres some pics. then i had to patch the lower firewall corner, which was a bit complex. bunch of angles and seams, got it done tho. was easier with the cab laid on its back. i will grab a pic of the firewall patch finished up. now the frame is ready for the next stage, so i called nathan at porter built. i got the complete setup, extreme front drop member, inc a arms, power rack, gas strut hood hinges, front tube x member, and rear extreme with inboard bags, outboard shocks so i can run some big boots out back. Now i patiently wait for the mail to do its thing! But here in Canada EH, I had to go claim it myself and bring it across through customs at the airport where i had it shipped. U guys who wait for the brown truck to arrive, have got it easy!!! haha
more pics to come
Attached Images

Westcoastpainter is offline   Reply With Quote