View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #63
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Some really cool stuff here. New brackets were fabbed to get the rear/front bumper exactly where I wanted it, and the original front bumper valance was used to make a cool filler piece between the tailgate and the bumper. I think it looks like it could have come from the Chevrolet factory that way. Also you can see the final placement of the exhaust - I wanted the tips just barely visible - only a slight hint that there's something different under there.

A little closer view of the same. You can see some end caps have been fabbed up for the rolled tops of the bed sides. Simple, but again look like Chevrolet might have designed them.

I got really excited when I saw this for the first time. My original running boards were too rough to save, but the guys at the shop used them to create this cool mini running board filler piece between the rear fender and the new rear bumper valance. They surprised me with this idea, and I think it looks stunning. They'll be building some bracketry underneath so that it could support the weight of someone actually stepping on it. You can also see where the new gas filler is going to be. That's actually the original gas filler hole that was cut out of the cab and moved back here. You can also kinda see the embossed bead detail running around the outer edge of the rear bumper valance.

Closer view of the same.

Here's a view of the front side of the valance, with the rear bumper off.

Here's a nice peek at the final exhaust routing under the bed. This almost makes me feel bad there's going to be wood covering all this up.

Here's how the exhaust comes all the way back, shoots out to go under the framerail, and ends in a simple downward tip. Also, the inner guts of the bumper valance.

Continued...
torchlight is offline   Reply With Quote