View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
Genuine GM

Project Whipping Post

I haven't been on here in years. A lot has happened since I last posted so I felt it was time to finally start the build thread I have been thinking about for oh, 5-6 years.

Below are some photos of my '65 C-10 when I brought it home. Those dates are correct. It's been a while. Somewhere along the way it morphed into semi-frame off and took 8 years on and off. It is almost ready to cruise now. In fact, I drove it around the block last month. Open headers, no alignment and all. The last photo is a few months old.

I'll periodically go through and upload some old photos and document the process.

Why the name whipping post? 1) Because this truck has spent the last 8 years whipping on me, and 2) because I built it for autocross and spirited driving so I am about to reverse the whip and dish it right back.

Here are some shots from the day I brought her home. Garbage '85 305, slipping TH350 and junk rearend. Rust, wiring issues, bad bed floor? Check, check and check.

Here is a recent photo.

I'll post more when I can.
1961 IH Scout 80 - "Gaucho" (My wife's new project)
1938 Chevy - unstarted project.
Genuine GM is offline   Reply With Quote