View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #154
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: K30 Downgrade to Cummins Project

I will share some A/C things I learned too...
The sanden sd715 compressors, I think all have the same bolt pattern and the variances are compressor clutch style and clutch groove centerline and back head style.
The wires vary and have or do not have diodes, change out as needed.

I bought a new compressor from acparts.com for about $130, it was a random compressor that had the proper 8rib centerline and a head configuration I thought would work and it did. I searched by price then researched attributes of compressor number on the sanden website.

As far as your home made bracket...if you can somehow duplicate the lower compressor bolt centerline to above the waterneck it will all line up when installed. I think you could fasten the existing bracket to a bench, find or attach a measuring point and modify away.
Maybe you Could make a flat plate for the ac compressor that mounts to the lower bolt holes with spacers and hole that clears the waterneck? If so you could lay out the pattern on flat plate then bolt it to the dodge cast iron bracket.
You can ballpark the lower alternator mount and adjust with shims or spacers to get the centerline right.

I made my own lines using aeroquip ez-clip fittings and line, these lines and fittings are expensive in kit form or new but can be found on ebay super cheap. They “crimp” using cv joint clamp type pliers, aeroquip sells the crimpers for $120 or so.
I used Oetiker side jaw pincer pliers for single ear clamps. I used the single ear clamps on my fuel, vacuum and pressure lines too, eliminating gear driven hose clamps which I hate.
Compatable fittings to aeroquip are available under weatherhead and red dot brand names too (eBay and other sites), they are all identical.
There are a limited number of ac line sizes and fitting types, fitting charts are online, just match up to the parts you have like condenser, evaporator and compressor head or manifold,
Nice looking lines, very heavy duty and easy to assemble and crimp at home.

I have some pictures of the ac stuff in my crew cab preview thread.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote