View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #37
TooTall

Re: Hatzies 2005 2500HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
I'm reading up on how to make the shifting a little less mushy. I'd like to do it without shock loading and breaking internal parts when I've loaded the bed up or I'm towing. If re-programing it will not make it last longer and run cooler then it's not worth doing.

I already have two 91 octane cars, the Polara and the Impala, and the FE390 in my F250 that will likely need 91 or at least 89 to not knock like I have maracas under the hood. I like the fact that the LQ4 runs reliably on 87 octane with power levels on par with the 383 Big Block Chrysler in my Polara. I may eventually get the itch to play with it but not right now.
With your stock engine, you will have zero issues with "shocking" the trans. You can copy over the line pressure setting from the tow-haul or performance tables to the normal tables.
If you're wanting to make the trans run cooler, shorten the shift timing, and add an inline trans cooler like a Tru-Cool Max 40GRW.
If you ever feel a laggy 1st gear start after coming to a stop. There's a fix for that, and TransGo sells a piston replacement kit for it.
2011 Yukon XL | Bone stock
2013 Audi Q5
TooTall is offline   Reply With Quote