View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #16
stroker87

Re: 07 GMC Sierra Towing Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan SS View Post
The trailer was sold to me with a weight distributing stabilizing hitch, and the max tongue weight with my truck with this style hitch is 1000 lbs
its surprised me how fast people tell you to start swapping and changing stuff on your truck

the 4.8 is no monster at towing but its very capable long as your not in a rush, the weight distributing setup dos up your towing capacity some hitches have stickers on them stating this (my 07 suburban is rated 5000lbs and with the weight distributing kit 10000lbs) if I need to prove this to any one I'll take a picture!

weight distributing along with trailer brakes setup properly you can safely tow more then the 5400lbs you truck is rated at, swapping your gear in your rear axle will give you more power to tow but does not up the weight rating of the trucks towing capacity

if you was to install 4.56 gears dos not mean your hitch will handle more weight LOL! only the weight distributing setup can do that because it equalizes the load

with all that said if you take your time and leave your self stopping room you should be able to pull 8 to 10k safely

Last edited by stroker87; 01-14-2012 at 01:52 PM.
stroker87 is offline   Reply With Quote