View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 11:48 PM   #46
hdrolling

Re: 72 getting rid of the 90's mistake.

Finished installing the new engine yesterday, too a bit but these guys did a lot of extra work keeping the wires clean and porting the headers before installing.

Installing the engine, Holly sniper and new electric fans is a bunch of wiring!

And then we couldn't get it to start, plenty of fuel, spark and we rechecked grounds/plug gap/wires/ fuses/ ground and p0wer directly to the battery but she just wouldn't fire.

Rained today and its outside so we didn't get to mess with it, tomorrow I think I'll give them some time to try the fix it after doing their research all day today and if it doesn't work I still have my Holly carb that I know works.
Should be easy enough to add a fuel regulator to lower the fuel PSI and then just pull and replace the sniper. If it starts with the carb at least we know its either the wiring or the ECM.

Four days of pulling and installing and a no start, but it looks great! I have some center bolt wire loom plates to clean up and make the spark plugs look cleaner, and i have some more split wire loom coming in the morning so I can conceal the rest of the wires.

Ready to get this think back on the road!
Attached Images