View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #3
BarryB

Re: Help before I go crazy. 99 suburban 5.7 vortec wont start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpilgrim View Post
Check ALL fuses, ecm 1 and ecm first, after that if you have fuel and spark I would pull the upper intake to check the cpsi fuel system and go from there
By the way, we have killed several vortec 5.7 engines here but have never ever bent a valve unless the cam timing was way way off----
I"ll double check all the fuses again tomorrow, might have over looked one. The motor that is in the burb now. Was a running motor ran great actually besides the miss from #6. But I fixed all that, even put in a new timing set in. gears and chain. If I'm getting fire, and fuel (at least to the injector). to me my next step would be to see if the injectors are getting the signal from the wiring harness to see if their firing. BUt I am not sure exactly how to check that. can you check with a test light? Lets say, all fuses are good, but no fire from the plug. What would cause that? Bad ECM?

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote