View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #76
skorpioskorpio

Re: 13" and 14" Corvette Brakes for C10's

Yea, rotors are a consumable part was my point. Axles, hubs, wheels you buy once and it is what it is, rotors you'll need to have them drilled every time you need to replace them as part of routine maintenance and those heavy 20" wheels will make that more frequent.

Personally for me, this is the reason I went with Z51 brakes, far cheaper to deal with from a maintenance stand point and other than hard track use will function nearly as well, especially if you factor in that Z51s will let you run lighter 18s (barely) and Z06s push you into a heavier 19" wheel. Then again I run my brakes hard and run slotted rotors which if you want them to bite well are really doing a total brake job with rotors every, or at least every other, time you do them.

DBS slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads will run you about $400 or so to change out, Z06s of the same type will run about $650, and Wilwood, Baer or Brembos will be closer to a grand if not over and stationary calipers with the padlets have to be done more often.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote