View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 03:02 PM   #86
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Not to much to update, but an update nonetheless. So I sorted out my idler arm problem. I actually found my original idler arm which looks like it was replaced not all that long ago (paint still on it). So instead of trying to find one in Austria which would probably be impossible. I figured out I would clean the original up, paint it and call it good. Once everything is on the ground and steering is completely hooked up I will check to see if there is any play in it.

Other than that I ditched the original exhaust clamps I had (which were supposed to be the cats ass). I could not get them tight enough to where the exhaust wouldnt move anymore. So Instead of using the ugly ass u bolt clamps (no offense to anyone that uses them, I have plenty of times) I figured I would try a flange set up. Found some flanges, cut the exhaust so it was flush with the muffler, welding them on, inside and out, ported the inside of the exhaust (so I can get max airflow out of my 305 , bolted it up and it should be good.

Thats all for now folks.

Thanks

Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote