View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 03:03 PM   #144
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Made some more progress this past week. I got the bed back on the frame after nearly 3 years to measure for wheels and also see where I need to drill the hole for the fuel filler of my boyd fuel tank.

Also got both fenders coated in poly primer and blocked down once again in 220 (well one fender is blocked in 320 because i ran out of 220). I am happy with how the fenders blocked out. I sprayed them down with wax and grease removed and the reflections were very flat and even.

The only thing I am wondering if others had an issue with is regarding their boyd tanks and interference with the bed rails. The rear bed rail landed directly on the fuel filler and the bottom of the bed just barely hit the fuel fittings. Its not a huge deal at all as I just notched the bed rail and I will lower the tank about 1/2" to accommodate for the fuel fittings. But I just figured since this tank was built for this truck I wouldnt have this issue.I am going to contact boyd or pro performance and see what they think. Maybe the fuel filler needs to be mounted more center of the tank (front to back).

Anyway thats it for now. In the next days I will get the fenders in high build primer as well as the cab. Then I am gone for the next 7 weeks so it will give plenty of time for the primer to shrink back before I block it hopefully one last time.

Later

Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote