View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 09:28 AM   #713
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Good progress Grizz. You are continuing your theme of "it looks like it grew there". I was glad to see the picture from Mickey's place and notes that there were not gigantic furrows of erosion where you put those drainage pipes, haha. People are funny, but I be lying if I didn't say that I had the occasional pointed question for a neighbor after seeing them install something new. It probably didn't occur to him that water had been running off of your pavers for years until he saw those little pipes. I think you're new garage and house color is a nice one, especially for where you live in a rural area. I'm a big fan of natural colors, especially in the residential built environment.
Thank you.

I like the whole idea of making stuff look like it is meant to be there, or like you say, grew there.

I don’t know what made Mickey kick off about the little drain pipes, but suspect it was his wife, who has not clue.

The colour is growing on me now.

Photobucket is a pain, again.

Stolen fruit is the best.

Two hours worth of collecting in 5 sites.

Trust me,

3 hours in there, cleaning and removing all the stones to leave me with 5kg or 10 pounds of fruit.

Add a litre of water, and bring to the boil for about 20 minutes, then add 4.5kg of sugar.

Boil for about 90 minutes till all the water is gone, testing cold viscosity from time to time.

In the mean time sterilise all the bottles and lids in the dishwasher.

Once cooked, use a jug to decant hot (it is dangerous) jam into bottles.

Add lids once all is done.

Take a bottle outside, check the light penetration, take a photo and gloat.

I add extra lemon juice, as I prefer a slightly tangy jam.

Also less sugar than recommend, but it still is very sweet.

Need more fruit now.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote