View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #8
dell72

Re: 3ontree column shifter used for Automatic tranny?

The R/1 gate lever is closest to the firewall making it difficult to hook up linkage to that lever. The other issue I experienced is without a lever hooked to the unused lever, there is no tension on that gate. When my zip tie broke it caused the shift gates to go into what I can only describe as a "lost" mode where moving the shifter would not do any thing out in the engine compartment.

I found it necessary to have another person operate the shifter while I held the unused shift lever in the engine compartment. By holding the lever it placed tension on the shifter assembly and I was able to make the lever move with the shifter so a new ziptie could be added.

I always feared this would happen when I was by self or when my wife was driving the truck causing the truck to become stuck in whatever gear it broke in. I wasn't all too concerned if this happened while I was driving as I could put the truck in drive with the engine off and limp it home, but if it happened to my wife she would most likely be stranded.
dell72 is offline   Reply With Quote