View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 07:57 PM   #269
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
I get the cleanliness of the concept, and it'd be cool as hell but I like the look of the black frame better.
I like the black and it's certainly easier to pull off, the nickel option isn't easy at all, I'd probably need to slice the whole frame off somewhere across the firewall, have it plated then weld it back together with enough distance that it doesn't blue the plating. thought about just making the sides and top a bolt on piece but I'd bet that body flex would crack the windshield. Also it has to be all metal and really clean to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
might look better if you slant the sides inwarth a bit

will give you problems fitting the side windows unless you dont make them roll down but more of a canvas pull out style
hmm, probably a bridge too far, I like the idea and I have thought about laying down the windshield a bit as well, but all this screws with the vent windows, the fitment of the top, etc, etc. I am building this to be a daily driver, and even though I plan on modifying virtually every panel, it's still something that could be repaired if it ever needed to be without huge effort.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote