View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #5
dsraven

Re: 52 Chev Panel....repairable?

looks like you have a good handle on things and it is coming along.
I notice you have been using some zinc or galvanized panels. just making sure you have adequate ventilation when welding. i am sure you know the fumes are killer.
like mongo says, cross brace to ensure the doors will still fit when you're done. I like to install the doors, adjust as good as possible as far as gaps. yeah, I know, the door pillars are gone but you can fake it some by using some wooden paint stir sticks around the perimeter of the door as gap spacers, with the door in the hole, then weld in some cross bracing like an X in the door opening before you yank the doors back off. if it's too late then stick a door in the hole quickly just to be sure it will still fit in there before you carry on further. it would suck to have done all the work and find you need to modify the doors to fit the openings.
nice work so far. good fab skills too. did you fab up some of those parts? they usually come as bare metal or black coated. if so you must have a few items at your disposal, like a bead roller.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote