View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 01:50 AM   #25
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

sunday I decided to assemble my table, gotta do it sometime right? I wanted to order a small arclight but all the arclight money went in to grandmas place last year. so some readjustment on what I wanted vs what I needed was required.

assembly went smoothly except the x axis bearing didnt fit the recess, I spent as much time carefully sanding the recess as I did on the entirety of the rest of the assembly. I bought the XL kit and a water table as extras, everything went together well.

the control software runs on PC, I havent owned a PC in 12 years and havent used one since my last desk job. I have solidworks on my engineering Mac but need the CAM software so that means buying a PC. My nieces husband works IT and hooked me up on a Yoga 260 i7 16GB ram 500GB SSD 64 bit machine that was an obsolescence machine, it is literally overkill on top of overkill for the CAM software (I think minimum reqs were windows XP and 2gb ram haha) but hey, I wasnt sneezing at the great deal he gave me, thank goodness for family!

tomorrow I will hook up a 27" monitor or maybe 24" duals, it came with the docking station that has dual monitor support so, well I guess maybe I gotta.

also on the family hookup, my brother in law works at the local steel place and they have a contract with a customer that says the end of every new roll has to be cut off, so he saved me these cuts. the wider stuff is 12 ga and the narrow is 11 ga, almost 6 ft long!

you dont need to call anyone to save jeremy (see the sharpie on the metal), he is doing fine. this isnt like opening a china package and getting a note from the sweatshop worker.

so today I started stripping the sonoma, I would have gotten further but two different people wanted two different parts of the front clip, so instead of cutting the rails at the core mounts and pulling it off in one piece like normal I had to pull it all apart.

weather is calling for sleet and snow, the garage is still full of 54, so tomorrow maybe I will cut some mounts on the cnc. and maybe design the pedal/column mount for the 98+ S10 parts, I have all the DIMs from all the trial and error over the last trucks.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote