View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
skyphix

Re: 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 - Road Trips/Light Overlanding/Daily Driver

Too bad about your 2500 getting totalled! What you described is why I avoid the 07-13 vehicles unless its a VERY good price. I know people have gone well over 200k on the DOD stuff but I'd prefer not to take my chances. I looked at an 07 with 130k on it that ran great, and was cheap enough that I could buy the DOD delete stuff and be well ahead of the game, but it was pretty beat up and the trans was starting to not want to shift (typical 2-3 shift issues with the 4L60) so I passed. I was looking specifically for an 03-06 2500 and got lucky enough to find this one in my price range.

Its also had its transfer case replaced due to the wear through, with what appears to be a GM part (Im guessing a reman from GM?)

I had found a 2005 Yukon XL 2500 with under 100k but it was double my budget for this vehicle, and the family loves the leather/rear entertainment/etc and the Yukon was the base model.

Glad to hear you loved yours as well! The more I drive this one, the more I like it. It definitely needs an alignment and as I mentioned, I'm not a huge fan of the Duratracs for the driving I do, but the tires can wait until next year and I'll get the alignment done before our big road/offroad trip to the outer banks, NC in November.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote