View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 09:35 AM   #11
Ironangel

Re: Sbc Falling on its face..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbed70 View Post
Cam is 1012703LK and it was broke in with Lucas 30wt break in oil just like it said to be. 2-2500 for 20 mins ten 500 increase for a min each till a total of 3500 then down 500 each min till 1000 rpm then shut down. Ran the valves, they were good and pushrods were spinning cause I marked them and then filled with Brad Penn 10-30 high zinc oil and a wix 60010 filter (I think that's the number)
I just came in from checking things and found I forgot to tighten the dizzy bolt and it walked so reset at 15 initial and 34-35 total at 3500! I think my weights in the dizzy are loose or sticking so I will address that later. I also found out my fuel regulator was stuck and pushing 7.5# fuel pressure to the carb and the back float bowl was way low and the front was a touch... Big swing so next time it's out of the trailer I will see what she acts like! Next thing I will be changing to another carb built by a friend of mine with a speed shop.
Cool, keep us updated. The first thing that popped into my mind after reading your initial post was a wiped out cam. I give em a heavy dose of Isky Rev Lube rather than the red Karo syrup they send in the box. You should be ok, that's good oil your using.
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote