View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 10:00 PM   #1
seattle gmc

What do you guys think of this blazer?

I have been searching for later 88-91 blazer or Jimmy for a while now. Im moving back home to Idaho soon and i want a snow rig/mild 4x4 off road rig, and I have allways wanted to a k/5. I have been looking at craigslist and ebay.

Here is the link and some of my thoughts below.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5956495926.html

Is this one worth looking at? There are quite a few red flags on this one. Most of the rigs ive seen in this price range are filled with all sorts problems (or upgrades depending on who you talk to), and rust. Idealy i would like to find a mostly original un-abused rig, and i recently lost out on decent one but it was 10+ grand.

This one is advertised as a 91, didn't this year have an electronic speedo? Or was it still a cable driven unit. This issue worries me a bit becuase who knows how many miles are on it.

Drive line had to be pulled so the vehicle could move. I have contacted the seller. And she said it was like this when she got it. So she dose not know why it was pulled out. Transfer case issue? Front diff or hubs?

The electric fan set up is totaly mickey mouse looking.

The body and interior seem ok, besides the pealing clear.

I willing to put some work into a blazer or jimmy but i would like to get your guys' thoughts on this one. Should i stay clear of it and not even check it out.

2007 Chevy Silverado 1500HD Classic
seattle gmc is offline   Reply With Quote