View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 07:31 PM   #18
JetForceF22

Re: Throttle Mashing hesitation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeZ View Post
Doesn't nessesarly (sp?) mean it's bad. On the other hand, just because you just put it on 6 months ago, or just put it on today, does not mean it can't be bad now. Sometimes they don't last, sometimes they're bad right out of the box. Test, test, test.
I should have been more specific. These parts have NEVER been changed since we've owned the truck (since 96) So IMO its worth it to buy a new part, check it and replace it then to go through the trouble of testing these old units that are known to go bad on these trucks, since these pieces are now 14 years old with heavy use and abuse. However I completely understand what you're saying and appreciate your advice, (I will definitely test my new parts, that something that I don't normally do) and I thank you for all your help so far!!

Either way, in about 3 weeks I'll have all the time in the world to do this when the 72 is running and I'm out of school for the semester, so I'll prob tear apart the truck then and check my parts/test my possible new parts then.

As of right now, the codes are telling me that my IAC, O2 Sensor, TPS and EGR are possibly faulty. That narrows down the list. We changed the 02 sensor a few years ago when we put the new headers and Y pipe, but I remember something being sketchy when we did it. I'll have to check and make sure its hooked up since the computer apparently is getting no response from it.
1972 3/4 Ton Cheyenne Super, 350ci 650 cfm Edelbrock 4bbl Performer AVS, Edelbrock Torquer intake manifold, Headman Longtube Headers to 2 1/2in cutouts to 3 inch flowmaster super 40's true dual. 4.10? Rear SM-465/205 transfer case. Now this one is busted!! http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...k/1972 Pickup/
1995 K1500 Silverado 5.7L 350 TBI with 1in swirl torque spacer, Flowtech shorty headers, 3 inch collectors to y pipe going to 3in highlfow cat converter, single offset passenger side outlet, full 3 inch setup from collectors. Edelbrock High Flow 255LPH/67GPH Fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge, running at about 18psi. 3.73 Rear 4L60-E 4 speed auto (Rebuilt)http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...1995%20Pickup/
JetForceF22 is offline   Reply With Quote