View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #54
focusedontheprize

Re: 1949 Chevy 3100 - the journey begins

This weekend wasn't a weekend of photos really.

Saturday we bled the clutch with the Mityvac. What a breeze. We had 4 small bubbles and was enough air to hold up the clutch system from fully disengaging. Truck shifts like a dream now. We then tackled the driveline. I was not pleased with how the engine/trans angle and the pinion angle on the rear (it was my mistake in the beginning). So I modified the trans cross member and took some of the angle out. The u joint angle looks a lot better and was dead on.

As for the rear, I am running rear lowering blocks. I decided to machine 0.004" off the top of the blocks instead of running shims to keep everything cleaner looking and not introducing more variables in. Thank god for the mill we have at the house. Everything was dead on for the driveline now. Much happier.

Sunday was a bit of a "we need to be somewhere early so be prepared" day. Ran over to the junkyard in the morning to grab the missing sway bar brackets I needed. I am planning on running the stock rear sway bar and building my own rear shock cross member.

On the drive home, my uncle stopped over who is doing the wiring for me. I had called him on Tuesday to tell him I would like to hook up a main connector so if I need to remove the front end for engine work, I could just disconnect the connector and be on my way. He did a really nice job on it and I know it will save me a headache down the road. He was finishing up the wiring in the front and getting the turn signal switch in.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote