View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #27
hotwls13

Re: Need help with dash lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich69shortfleet View Post
Last week I drove the truck at night. I was disappointed in the illumination of the lower gauges, they are all pretty dim while the upper gauges are nice and bright. Also, with the white LEDs the gauge faces are all white with the reflected light into the housing not picking up the green tinge like occurs with incandescent bulbs. This results in green illumination in the captions on the lens face with white on the gauge faces. So, I got some green LEDs which also have side firing diodes to hopefully illuminate the lower gauges better.

The result is much better illumination of the lower gauges and everything appears green (which I like and prefer). The new LEDs are much brighter than the incandescent I have in the spot that feeds the shift indicator which then made the lighting more uneven in both color and brightness so I put an LED in that location as well. This lessens the illumination of the shift indicator, but still lights it so I'm calling it good.

The gauges now match the color and brightness I've gotten in the heater controls so everything goes together well now. More pleased.

The leftover white LEDs will get recycled into use on other vehicles I have. I've already completely LED-ized my daily driver and am working on doing so on the wife's car. Her car has an incredible number of interior illumination bulbs.
Looks great!

Do u have a link to the Green LEDs u used??
hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote