View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #286
scoot_mcgrute

Arrow Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
This just hit me...since it is a pull style actuator, if you used an old school rocker ball on the front side of the clutch fork and the end of the fork had an oval slot that would allow the rod to move in a linear motion and not hang up on the fork arm, that would work too.
Think of how a rocker arm works on a stud, the ball on the slot allow the rocker arm to work in an arc with the stud works in a linear motion (I know the stud does not actually move, but the forces of the stud are linear into the head. Hope you get the idea that I am trying to convey...)
You're exactly right and that did come across the table. I'm apprehensive to do that because if it doesn't work out then I will need to swap the fork out and I don't want to pull the tranny. Me playing on the safe side of that is the only reason why I haven't gone that route.

I have a heim on each end right now and it seems to work well in operation, just need to tweak it a little bit to shorten the slave cylinder as it's not disengaging right now. Easy fix, just ran out of time last night is all. Hoping to romp it to work in the morning and take my brother for a ride tomorrow evening!