View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #13
dsterley

Re: 65 c10 SWB step side

Well got the back half of the frame stripped and wiped down with acetone. Also slowly getting some parts in. Fuel cap and diff gasket came today, fuel line and fuel level sender should be here tomorrow. Found out my new track bar and gas tank are two weeks out, and my trailing arm bushings are three weeks out. At least the weather is less than desirable so I don't feel to bad about the truck being tore down for a couple more weeks. Frame will get wiped down again tomorrow and primed. Once the frame is dry Ill start on the axle and trailing arms.

I read in another post about putting a line of seam sealer on the top joint of the trailing arm to prevent water from getting between the two halves. Is it best to only do the top so water can run out if it happens to get in? or seal the top and bottom?

Does anyone have any good tips/tricks on containing dust from grinding/wire wheeling? Makes me wish I had enough room to separate part as a designated dirty room. I thought about tarping off a section to try and keep the majority of the dust in one area.

dsterley is offline   Reply With Quote