View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
NC_John

Re: No Limit R&P Steering Shaft Angles

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
looks pretty good. These U-joints can go to 30 degrees OK. check to make sure the shafts are not protruding into the U-joint center, and touching. Also, I know the set screws are sometimes an issue. One long/one short. I usually cut the long one down to match the short. Make sure the set screws are not rubbing on the frame/mount bolt when rotating the steering. Last, check PG's solution. I have also fixed many steering issues with some light clearancing with a Dremel tool. Please let us know what the solution is. Thanks.
I need to measure the angles between the two shafts- something I should have done prior to installing the inner fender but oh well.

I do have the shafts flush in the u-joints- I was careful to do that on installation.

I did get rid of the long set-screws and installed shorties so I know it's not that.

I may clearance the lower u-joint some more but am just surprised/disappointed that it's necessary. Something about this truck... Nothing ever goes easy. Its always got to be the hard way.

I'll let you guys know how I resolve it when the column goes back in (had to drop it to remove my brand new dakota digital HDX cluster - it was bad from the factory and had to go back to DD for repair- like I said- nothing on this truck is ever easy).

thanks

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote