View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #17
MCB Matt

Re: NEW - 47-53 Dakota RTX Stock look Gauge System!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
it is tuned out. because most LS swaps use hybrid harnesses to exclude the BCM, or use a BCM in conjuction with the stock gauges in late model vehicles.

but what I am doing is transferring the entirety of the 98-03 s10 wiring to an AD, unchanged. I use the stock column and the stock underhood distribution boxes. all stock wiring and the stock drivetrain. it would be a bigger deal and higher cost to program it out. usually I use the stock cluster with extended wiring to put the steppers in the original gauges but its a lot of soldering and the gauges end up pretty fragile. I ordered a con2r set for this current truck and had them program it to work with the stock senders.

something like the OBDII interface would work probably better than my way of isolating the gauge wiring for the new gauges and leaving the skeleton cluster hooked up, but its my only solution right now.
There has to be a LOT of tuners out there that would have a work around for this. However, the way you are converting is not standard and that always requires more work arounds!
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com
Email: forums@mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
MCB Matt is offline   Reply With Quote