Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 10:35 AM   #362
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
This is Hot Rodding 101. Learn by doing. Yes, you can't do it w/everything because of budget related concerns but some costs are getting outrageous for the return.

A buddy got a true dual exhaust from the 2" manifolds to 2.5" exhaust pipe. They used a 2.25 cut of tube & welded it to the 2" tube. Then, they topped that w/another piece of 2.5" tubing. It looked like a christmas tree of tubing & weld. Tubing, mufflers, tips out to the bumper was almost $450 �� .

I did his full SS exhaust for less than $400. No christmas trees included & it polished out beautifully.
I hear that SCOTI!! I'm driving a little yota tacoma 96 till my 70 is finished. A/C went out. Tired of working on it so put it to the shop, first call was $340 for lower line replace. Second call after got it all back together was an additional $470 for condenser leaking. I said you can kiss my @$$. I could have done this whole job myself for $250 and that includes vacuum and refill system with oil/r-134a.... Guy should have found all the leaks before they tried to charge me more labor for a second day of work when he could have condensed it all into one job... So looks like I will be replacing a condenser and expansion valve soon. ON ANOTHER TRUCK THAT ISN'T MY C10..... My wife is now numb to all this.... I basically have a second job without a second paycheck lol.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote