Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #375
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - The cab is painted.

Yeah cornerstone, i'm making progress. I haven't posted because I don't know what to do about my thread. I went back trying to fix all my pics but they keep breaking. If I have to upload all the pics for the past year that will be insane.... I am at a loss man.....

But here is my progress. Hopefully these pics will stay long enough for you to see them...

So a while back I had epoxy primed the cab. Then I shot 3 coats of high build primer. I had already sanded and painted the firewall and inside of cab the final color but turned out my regulater was way off so air pressure was too high and the paint was basically dry before it hit the cab.

So I bought a new digital regulator for the gun and it worked great. Set it for 16psi and went to town. I block sanded the whole cab. Then I fixed more dents I found with some filler. Then I shot epoxy over the bare metal spots i sanded. Then 3 more layers of high build. Sanded again. All was good so I reduced my black high build primer and shot 1 coat as my sealer. Then I shot my single stage metallic and I am officially done painting cab. This paint was so easy to shoot after I got the air pressure right. And I love it!

Hot Rod Flatz - TCP Global - Gun Metal Gray - Metallic

Here I am spraying 1 coat of epoxy to cover any bare metal i sanded down to.

High build primer here.

I bought a second gallon of HRF paint, so I needed to mix the 2 gallons together to make sure the color is consistent throughout the entire truck. I used a 2 gallon bucket to mix, then I proportioned 3 separate cups for my 3 coats of color, then poured the rest back into the original 1 gallon cans for storing for rest of truck later.

And here it is all painted

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote