View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #13
Mcmour67

Re: My first C-10 Build 67 SWB Stepside

So with the engine in and running I started to investigate the brakes. They never worked right when my brother owned it and he never figured out why. After many painstaking days of research, I figured it out. It wasn't the ideal outcome. It has front disc and rear drum. The PO put a booster off of a C/K20 to my understanding. Please correct me if I am wrong. This booster would probably worked with my set up but the seals were dry rotted and it was full of rust inside. JUNK! I took apart the master to inspect the seals and found the master to be a disc/disc master from a 71 and up. That is one reason they never worked properly. It too was dry rotted and full of rust. JUNK!! If you look at the picture you can see this setup was a pre combination valve setup. It has a separate metering valve, distribution block and should have a proportioning valve inline to the rear brakes. It does not have a proportioning valve. There's the second reason the brakes never worked. Talk about dangerous. I cant believe my dad and my brother and the PO drove this truck around like this. So now I am in need of a new booster/master/valve combo and new lines all around.

Mcmour67 is offline   Reply With Quote