View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 11:54 PM   #1
dawsonthompson

1966 SWB Beginner Bag Build

Finally got pictures of my step notch I welded in. Also finally got around to installing my 12 bolt I had built with a new posi unit with the eatin clutch style that my local gear shop installed with new seals and u joints. Also got my adjustable tracbar mocked up and my axle placed where I feel is best.. Next step is installing my bag kit which is where I did cheap out. I purchased the 700 dollar bag kit on eBay the air slamit brand. Included everything bags, bag plates, compressors, tanks, valves, hoses, switches, etc. I plan on mounting the rear bags off the side of the frame connecting to the top of the trailing arm or a bracket coming off the trailing arm in hopes of being able to lower all the way till the trailing arm hits the frame. For the front I just plan on replacing the spring with the bags and using a 2 inch drop spindle. I also intend on using a 2 inch block for the axle to kinda close of the gap between my notch seeing how I didn't cut it down

Here's the pics, the one is just a bed side mocked up in place and the frame sitting hitting the trailing arms
dawsonthompson is offline   Reply With Quote