View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #47
SCOTI

Re: Squarebody Trailing Arm Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex View Post
Here is what I notice is worlds better than leaf springs. The rear axle doesnt "float" around under cornering. The truck sticks and tracks fairly well and feels much more planted when thrown aggressively into a corner than it did before. I added a locker as well and now if I floor it, the truck squats down and goes, and it goes straight. Theres no shimmy, no shake, no wheel hop it.. just.. goes... With the 295s I havent gotten it to break loose yet either. I guess thats good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Honestly crusing down the highway at 75 it doesnt seem to ride that much different. I am about 3/4" lower at ride height now than I was on the static drop though and it still rides just as good as it did. Large dips in the road dont seem to unsettle it as bad as they did. They are horrible here in SC at every bridge there will be a dip going on and off of it.
True.... My 74 was ok too until irregularities, dips, or bumps @ speed. It sucked on local roads w/uneven asphalt, concrete, or just about anything other than a smooth road surface. The 68 was more enjoyable 'all around'.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote