View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #22
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Re: Vintage air in the 73-87 trucks questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
I want to get this for my 87'. Anyone know why they say it fits 81-86 instead of 81-87? I wouldnt think there would be any difference. Is it possible to use the kit with an 89-91 serpentine belt set up?
Posted via Mobile Device
I was told by one of the salespeople (I recently tied to be one of them, but only lasted a couple of days...) that the computer under the dash interferes with the case for the system.

There shouldn't be any reason you can't use it with a serpentine setup. The only down side I see is that the surefit kit comes with hoses that are cut and crimped for their Sanden compressor. If you go with the serpentine setup you'll get a modified hose kit instead. You'll have to cut your own hoses to the correct length and have the ends crimped on somewhere. I think you'll also need an adapter to connect the hoses to your existing compressor.

They have a Sanden compressor that replaces the factory one in one of the GM serpentine setups. I don't remember the details, but it is explained in their catalog on the page with the compressors. That might be an option as well. Their sales folks can give you all of the details on this stuff.

Slonaker