View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 10:42 AM   #1332
special-K
Special Order

Re: Trucks Are Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
This is a great thread, most of us really appreciate all makes of trucks and any history that goes along with it. Here's more of those classic heavy Fords, these are '58's.
One word... STOUT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
I'm GM all the way, but always appreciated those big Fords. From about '48 on starting with the F-8's.
There's liking them and there's wanting to own them. I like a lot of other vehicle, but I'm a GM man when it comes to what I own. Although I am also a Studebaker truck lover. Kind of like a contrast. The greatest brand that exists against the greatest one that didn't make it. It wasn't because they weren't well built or sensible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountie View Post
There is nothing like learning the hard way to gain technique !!
Truer words were never spoken
What do folks think about the Cat trucks? I'm slow to change, but I like them alright now. For a truck only from these modern times they ain't so bad... especially a Cat Yellow construction truck. The have to tradition behind them, so they have no "classic" style like Pacars
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote