View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #10
midniteblues

Re: 1/2 ton or 3/4 dump beds?

I searched 33 pages of my attachments and only found this one pic that dosent even show the frame of the lift mech. Thought i had taken more pics of it than that.

But i will say mine looks way more beefy than those above.
when it was installed they added more leafs too the spring pack and a pintle hitch on the rear.

I had read somewhere that the twin cly lifts have a tendency to get uneven and sort of twist and jam up.
I havent used mine very hard yet but also havent seen even a hint of twist with the frame work it has also it can lift the bed dang near vertical.

I been all over the place trying too decide if i want too keep the lift on this truck.
The decision will be final once i get this bed off and start fitting the stepper on it.
i have alot to do too this truck but no space inside for it at the time and work has been taking all my time.

My guy that does my state saftey inspections told me he wouldnt pass it cause the way the bed sits. I said what does that have to do with it being safe?
But also could be the reason this truck hasnt been on the road since 84'. The same time the lift was installed.
I know it was used as a firewood truck on a large property at that time too. The fella had a large homemade log splitter that used the pintle hitch hence the reason it was added.

Non of that dont stop me from useing it as i please though.
Attached Images

'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote