View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #66
racecougar

Re: Bringing the '65 back to life

Thanks!

I forgot to post this earlier, too.

The "plan" as of 9/1/13: The current thinking is satin black with a gloss white roof (just to the drip rail, not down the pillars), stripe (between the chrome strips that run the length of the truck), and tailgate letters. For the interior, we're leaning toward silvers/grays, with the factory fawn still being a possibility, and a black rubber/vinyl full floor mat. The chassis will be black, though the gloss level and/or texture has yet to be decided, as that will depend on how it looks after blasting it. I have some ideas for the engine and engine bay, but that will really depend on what drivetrain ends up in it. The rear wheeltubs will be widened ~4", the front suspension will receive 2-1/2" drop spindles, and the plan is to run a staggered wheel setup, 15's and 17's maybe, with bigs and littles. The bed will have an aluminum diamond-tread floor, extending up to the factory ledge on the inner bed sides. I was thinking about frenching in a power antenna and moving the fuel tank under the bed with a fuel door in the bed side, but that's probably about as far as the body mods will go. As far as safety upgrades go, at the minimum, it will receive front disc brakes, a dual reservoir master cylinder, and seat belts.

It should have a decently aggressive look while still being functional. It isn't going to be a total pavement scraper, as it has to be able to manage to make it in and out of their driveway (a 3/4 mile long steep/curvy gravel road).