View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 12:55 AM   #6
wahl4m

Re: shop infra-red heaters ??

hi doug ! it uses kerosene /diesel fuel -i tried the red dye stuff today -about 30-50 cents a gallon cheaper -i believe -pump wouldnt show me a price per gallon -farm non taxed stuff ?? worked good ! the heater face on it is big & really spreads the heat area way out !these heaters are made in japan & seem tobe high quality ! tried to find a used one -nothing was close to me ,alot of owners of them are const. or farmers ! alot of rental places have them on rental & guys never bring them back -they just end up buying them ! are -you setting down / there around $2500 ! but im happy once my butt got cold in the shop & the salamander 115,000 btu -would not keep my feet from freezing-plus the headache of the amount of fuel they use & the smell & replacing parts -all the time !first christmas present i ever bought for myself ! plus i got lots of projects to do ! this building has almost no insulation -but i have my pullmax,shear roller & metal break & 4 post hoist in there -my small shop has a house furnace with the bridgeport,big lathe & all the welders but only has small walk paths in it ! any way take care -tell randy f. hi! i just got off the phone with gully -hes doing ok ! anyway see ya & have a good christmas & new year !!
wahl4m is offline   Reply With Quote