View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 02:07 PM   #514
Sixball

Re: Chevy Sport Truck questions

I got turned on to this thread by a member when I asked about my 1994 GMC Sierra GT 1/2 Ton step side. I bought it about 11 years ago from a large dealership from the "back row" they were going to take it to auction. I bought it with high miles just to use as a work truck never knowing the history of these trucks. It was always peppy, spinning the tires and chirping into second. But the old 350 finally got worse and worse so I pulled it and put in a 454. I went with a carb, headers, and 3 inch exhaust. I'm still working thru some electical gremlins due to cutting everything out. I plan on pulling the bed off this winter, replacing the cab corners and adding a fuel cell and ditching the tank. I'll go with a 6/3 drop more than likely.

From what I can tell by the thread, someone must have taken the chrome wheels off at some time, I just have the stock aluminium ones. I have some painted (black) rallys I will mount. 275/60/15 on the rear, still undecided on the front. Mine came with black exterior, gray interior with a bench. I put high back buckets in.

I definitely need to check the glove box to see what rear I have. I put in a locker and with the 454 and turbo 400, it really is a great combination whatever it is.

So is the GT the equivalent of the Sport? Sport suspensions? The thread seems like it covered the Sport more and I am sure that's due to production numbers. I've only seen one other GT on the streets around here, and that was about 5 years ago.
Sixball is offline   Reply With Quote