View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #23
bambbrose

Re: Camp and cruise, 72 Jimmy 4wd Project

11th Oct 2016

Finally an update. Got some epoxy primer on the "new to me" GMC radiator support. Also stripped the bulk of items off of the firewall and was able to get it in epoxy primer as well. Previously it was a mixture of the original green and some horrible flaking overspray of maroon.

Because this isn't going to be a full on build, but instead just a driver, I will be leaving the firewall in black. I realized that painting it in blue I would likely never get into all of the crevices the way I need to without pulling the motor forward, and I was just not willing to do that at this time. Trying to keep it as simple as possible to get this thing on the road and get the mechanicals sorted.

I have picked up some new fenders, ordered repro bumper, grill, inner fenders, and all sorts of misc patch panels and a complete lens kit. Waiting on parts for now but I think I'm not too far from being able to get a license plate on this thing.

I'm actively searching for some original steel wheels at this point. For some reason I can't find anything local and everyone online wants a small fortune. My tires are shot and I don't want to put new tires on these alloy wheels.

Regarding tires, if I get 15x6 factory wheels, I'm still planning on using 33x10.5 or 31x10.5 tires. Anybody know how these will turn out?

Ideally I would find 15x8 wheels but those seem to be quite rare.
Attached Images

Last edited by bambbrose; 10-24-2016 at 02:45 PM.
bambbrose is offline   Reply With Quote