View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #30
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: got my paint scheme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfunk View Post
that just sounds good! i want my truck to have that blue hue to it so im thinking of the tri-coat with the blue pearl,
If you are shooting a mid coat over black, you need to be careful how much pearl you use in it.

When I was in high school, my old man had a Lincoln Mark VII. This was still a pretty new car at the time (probably '90 or '91). Anyhow, I wrecked it on his birthday. He elected that I was going to fix it. I had just painted a Firebird white with blue pearl, and it turned out pretty well, and we had a lot of paint left over. The Lincoln was a funky shade of medium blue, with a blue interior. I experimented with it over black, and came up with a nice shade of dark blue that would have looked good on the car. Anyhow, I fixed it (header panel, lights, hood, fenders, and bumper) and got the car prepped and shot black. My old man painted cars in the late 60's and early 70's in California when he was on leave in the Navy, so he told me he was going to handle it, and show me a real custom paint job. So I went to bed, and let him go at it. When I went out to check it out the next morning, it was almost purple! He said the midcoat tiger striped, so when he went to chase it, it turned ugly. After all of that, I never drove his car agian (I didn't want to be seen in that thing--- it was hideous!)
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote