View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #1573
67chevy1series

Re: 1967 Chevy CST aka "the loud truck"

I've been using my hands as well, it is effective for most of the bends but I've been thinking about my brakes, and I've just about convinced myself to run 3/16ths lines for the rear instead of the original drum size lines (1/4), in hopes that I will build pressure sooner and haver a sooner harder brake pedal. I also would like to have the adjusting capabilities from the wilwood PN260-11179 proportioning valve, so i would like to nice 90 degree bends and make it really nice and clean. I figure the only things that can make the braking any better would be a big brake kit and new calipers, so before I go or consider that route I want to get all I can out of the 11" rotors and stock calipers and see how I like it.

....also the 327 is coming out, so I can have it sent to a machine shop and make sure everything is true and a good fresh start, then I'm going to install the 69 double hump 327 heads on in addition to a new 470 lift, duration 272 comp cam, double roller timing chain, stainless steel valves, and possibly some roller rockers and roller lifters. Also want to run the "tru-ram" manifolds from speedway motors, which I will choose the cast stainless steel manifolds. BIG QUESTION!: will those straight dump manifolds work/clear the stock c10 crossmember and engine stands? If they don't clear the engine stands then I wouldn't be so against swapping those out for some new ones from cpp, since those look like they'd give more clearance.... In the mean time... There's going to be a 383 that will make itself quite comfortable in those frame rails....
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote