View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 08:42 PM   #9
djferrari

Re: Wiring for a 1969 C10 Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
If you have an HEI all you should have connected on the solenoid are the Battery cable and the purple wire. Does the solenoid engage when you turn the key to the "on" position or only when the key is in the "start" position? I have seen the alternator tied into the positive post on the solenoid but I don't think that is the correct way to do it.... The alt. doesn't get the correct accumulated load reading from a direct connection to the positive cable, so it doesn't charge correctly. The main panel wire should be connected up by the voltage regulator.....

LockDoc
Please don't take this as I am questioning your info or your knowledge. But curious, If all that goes to the starter soleniod is the purple wire and the battery cable, how does the fuse panel and the ignition get it''s power? Where does the alternator go to? I have switched to an internal regulated alternator, so I am just not sure I understand. Sorry if this seems I am questioning you, I am not. I am a weekend warrior and trying to do this with my 16yo son. We are both a bit frustrated.
djferrari is offline   Reply With Quote