View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 07:41 PM   #14
76C10Stepside

Re: What Would YOU Do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh1956 View Post
Sounds like your cycling pressure switch is cycling because of a low refrigerant charge. Have you put the gauges on it? Do you have any R12?
I drive an '89 4.3 S10 100 miles ever day & this has been the absolute most labor intensive vehicle I have ever owned! It had 99K miles on it when I got it home (Not running of course) & I've put 35K miles on it.
I've seen just about everthing an S10 can pull.
Oh & your trans should be a 700R4 like mine.
Thanks for the tip on refrigerant charge. I was just going on the fact that it still blew cold air when it was still hooked up, lol.

The engine idles fast when the heat is on and when the humidity is high. So, today, I tested the leads to the MAP sensor. Got 5.09 volts on the white wire, so it's got good reference voltage. But when I checked for continuity to ground on the other two wires (green and red), I got strange resistance readings on my DVM. Not sure what to make of these, and did not even get around to testing the MAP sensor itself.

Green wire: With DVM set to 2000k ohm range, get 126, and at 200 omh range, get 499!

Red wire: With DVM set to 2000k ohm range, get 207, and at 200 omh range, get 1!

Note: This is a $5 Harbor Freight DVM, but it seems to be working (steady readings, and voltage is in expected range).

Any thoughts on the weird continuity readings?
76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote