View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 02:01 PM   #34
muddpile

When I restored my corvette, I used a piece of styrofoam to thread allof th interior screws into and then painted all the heads black, as they were all the same size. When have unique parts, I usually bag em or attach them to a piece of cardboard and label them. Patience and good tools help a lot too!

I've finally come to the conclusion that my truck can't just have a few problems fixed. It needs new floor pans, rockers, cab corners, fenders, a better box, and I might be doing a cowl hood (more than likely, as its just a drop in the bucket with everything else it needs.....). So basically, I need to do a frame off as well. My question is, what does everyone like to use to clean up the frame? Is POR-15 and then a nice coat of gloss black paint the way to go, or is there another way that I haven't thought of? I figure rather than just do the body, interior and engine compartment and leave the underside looking bad, I might as well do it all right? Also, do you guys reccommend leaving the cab on, or just taking it off with everything else? I assume it is quite a bit more work to remove with the wiring harness and steering column and everything there.