View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
thebowtieranch

Lightbulb 69 4 door long bed k30

okay im wanting to start my next project build soon and i want it to be unique. my plans are to build a 69 crew cab long bed truck out of a 69 suburban. im wondering if anyone else has done this yet and would be willing give me some pointers like if it would be easier to use a different frame or just lengthen this one. im also going to be converting it from 2wd to 4x4 which is why im leaning towards finding a new frame but i would kind of like to keep the orignal frame so that i could use the stock gas tank underneath the truck and either free up the space behind the seat or incorporate dual tanks. my plans are to run a 14ff rear d60 front sitting on 35s. i was thinking of putting a old 2 stroke 6v53 detroit diesel and an allison automatic to be really cool but i cannot find one any where where i live so i think im just go with a lq9 6.0. and i was thinking of running the sm465 behind it thinking it would be cool because i have never seen it but then again i want this thing to be a super hauler and able to fly down the interstate at 80mph with another truck on trailer behind it which makes me want the over drive of the 4l80e. plus an automatic would just be more convenient. also was wondering if any body has tips on adding the 4th door to the drivers rear side and also i know i will need to change the rear door tops to the rounded ones to match the back of the truck cab and was wondering if anyone has ever rounded off the front doors to match and if it would be worth it i have only seen pictures of the 4 doors built still use the square front doors and rounded back and it looks good im just looking for opinions and suggestions. the suburban that i am looking at already has a newer 98 dash board in it and looks really good i will be posting pics when the project gets started just wanted to get some opinions before i get started. this is going to be my toy hauler/neck breaker. all input appreciated thanks wasn't sure whether to post here or in the suburban forum but the build is going to be a pick up in the end so i figured this will be the best place.
thebowtieranch is offline   Reply With Quote