View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #19
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Pro Street Trucks/Cars pics!!! im in love with the fatty tires!!

68c10,,

yup

1bad62
Not really any good ones. This one from when it was a bottle baby, but it's not a great picture

I made them. There nothing but .065 aluminum I bought at a scrap place, Kept dinking with a template till I had it close, then went to a buddy's shop and borrowed his manual brake. Took them out back and sanded them in one direction with 600 grit sandpaper, then lightly with 1000, and shot them with clear. Over the years the poor ol truck has seen so many changes and reconfigurations that there pretty full of holes for mounting ignitions, fuel regulators and what not. I'll get some pictures when I pull the motor it will be a little clearer. But have to trim and fit the motor plate before I pull it, loose the side mounts, etc. Going to have to build my own headers it looks like. So this is going to be a slooooowwww build., to go no quicker than 11.5000001

Hottrucks,, those look to be MT Sportsmans. There a pretty stiff sidewall and depending oh how much the rear weight, 16-20 # might work. The hard compound is good for wear, but gave the WORST traction I ever saw in my truck. I went to a Hoosier Quick time 33x22.50-15 and picked up almost a 1/2 a second to the 60' cone over the Sportsman, ,,, same size and dropped psi to 12 at the track. Then moving to a Hoosier DOT QT Pro gave the best I've seen so far and I run 10.25# in them. All I can suggest is start HIGH and work down. Too low of a psi will cause the center of the tire to 'cup' and hurts traction, not help.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 02-27-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote