View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #8
NastyBuzzard

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

I am definitely wanting to swap over almost the entire wiring harness and fuse panel to replace the one currently in my 87. I am doing this so I can use cluster and steering column from the 01. Plus I want the relays to run my headlights and power windows and all. (All that's on relays for a reason now a days) I plan to tie in all wiring including the key fob wiring, I plan to dosregard airbags and abs though. I want to do it because I think it would be cool to be done that way and this swap is not a rush job. Also by doing this I eliminate need for sending ECM off before initial startup to remove vats.

I have been able to find ample amounts of wiring diagrams and have already started labeling and making a list of what I won't need.

I specifically want to use the fuel tank from the 01, in doing so I can keep almost all stock fuel lines or have a mix of the 2 and won't be any need for spending a ton of $ on AN fittings, new pumps, new selector valve and so on. Plus I really only want one tank that will fit in stock location to keep the fuel door. (I will eliminate the p.s. Fuel door eventually) I have seen many people go the blazer tank route and I don't want the aggravation of mounting a fill up location in the bed.

Thanks abou the motor mounts. I knew lmc sold the auxiliary batt mount but I know they usually kill you with shipping, same as rock auto. I'll double check and see the damage though.

I'm currently in the phase of getting everything to run correctly on the 01 chassis. Then I'll start gathering what little parts I need (if I can stick to my plan) then the real swap begins!! This isn't a frame off resto though! Well atleast not yet.

Also what stock truck manifolds work without cutting frame back? I have seen that the 03+ with no egr provisions look nice and smooth. Would they be better for what I am doing? Will those motor mounts you listed early work with the manifolds? Why not dirty dingo mounts for their adjustability?
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote