View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
testerdahl

No crank, power good throughout

Hey guys,

I’ve been racking my head on the problem I’ve been having on my ‘62 C10. Recently, I’ve been having a hit or miss when turning over the ignition. It is either dead completely or fires right up. Lately, the “hit” has gone away and all I have now is a dead truck.

I took my Power Probe and started checking out the wiring. Initially I was having a problem with power going from starter to the ignition. I took the starter back and got a new one under warranty. Remounted it and still have the same problem.

I’ve checked grounds on the starter, ignition switch and even the alternator. I got good grounds on all according to the probe. I then checked the power at the ignition with the key turned. I initially thought I had some rusted out electrical connectors, so I tore it apart and put new connectors on it where needed. With the key turned, I got 12 volts on 3 of the 4 wires - battery, starter and ground. There is a white wire that I have nothing. It could be the issue.

Lastly, I checked the fuses and they are all in good shape. TBC, I have no click, no turning of the starter and I have a good battery (had local parts shop check it out). Any ideas?
Attached Images

testerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote