Thread: 47-55.1 Buying a 53 S/S "barn find"
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 11:43 PM   #15
joedoh

Re: Buying a 53 S/S "barn find"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Superior glass works in Oregon probably made the rear fenders. they make some pretty nice looking wide fiberglass fenders for AD trucks. http://www.superiorglassworks.com/

superior had a fire in their fiberglass facility and its never coming back. I know this because I had some 39 steel rear fenders for sale and when I would give the price guys would say "puh! you can buy fiberglass ones for half that". well not any more.

Quote:
Superior Glass Works Closing Our Doors

On January 28, 2017, a fire swept through the Superior Glass Works fiberglass manufacturing facility. Fortunately no one was injured, but the building and all 500 molds used to produce replica and custom fiberglass street rod parts, street rod bodies, and race car bodies were destroyed. Given the 40 years it took to create these molds, and the difficulty in obtaining new originals to make new molds, Superior Glass Works cannot recover from this loss and has closed its operations permanently. This is a loss for the street rod community who relied on the availability of our products as well a personal loss for the owners and employees. We would like to thank our customers who have supported us through the years and used our products to get their dreams on the road.

Our chassis shop, although undamaged, will also be closing and the fixtures and equipment are currently for sale. Please contact me if you are interested.

Brad Peterson, Owner
Superior Glass Works

they were the contract supplier to everyone who sold fiberglass fenders too, so chevsofthe40s, jim carter, and everyone else got porked by this.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote