Thread: 47-55.1 Buying a 53 S/S "barn find"
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 02:15 AM   #16
GFY

Re: Buying a 53 S/S "barn find"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Superior glass works in Oregon probably made the rear fenders. they make some pretty nice looking wide fiberglass fenders for AD trucks. http://www.superiorglassworks.com/

The best part of that truck outside of the necessary going over the brakes and safety items and a good tune up and fluid change is it doesn't "have" to have any big changes. Some little changes might do well such as a gauge swap and a seat swap to something that fits the truck better (never was a fan of high backs in older rigs) but nothing has to be changed and that is a plus.
I'll look into Superior to see if that's the likely manufacturer. I'm still trying to get more info on this truck since the previous owner passed away. I know he bought it from his uncle many years ago. It would be great to get more info on it.
Agreed 100% on the seat swap. I had a nice "stock" seat in my 55.2 with a fold-down cup holder/center console that was awesome. If I were keeping it, I would change out the seat. And probably put in a compressor to power the lift/dump bed.
GFY is offline   Reply With Quote